It’s St. Patrick’s Day, and what better way to celebrate than by baking some delicious Chocolate Stout Cupcakes!
It’s one of my favorite recipes, and definitely a fan favorite amongst friends and family. The taste of this chocolate cake is so delicious and decadent, you’ll want to eat the whole tray on your own!
It’s essential to bake with the proper ingredients, which I took the liberty of listing below, to get the best flavor and texture possible.
Here’s the cupcake recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of stout beer
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cupcake with 24 regular-size cupcake liners.
- Place the stout and butter in a medium-size saucepan and whisk together on medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Sift the cocoa powder into a medium-size bowl and add the sugar.
- Slowly whisk into the stout mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and lightly whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the saucepan and whisk thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together in another small bowl and then add it to the saucepan, mixing a final time until the color is even.
- Fill the cupcake liners three-quarters full with batter and bake until the cakes spring back after touching, about 27 minutes. Cool the cupcakes in their pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- 3 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 4 tsp. Irish cream liqueur (I recommend Baileys)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until pale.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add the Irish liqueur in a steady stream.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and continue beating until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Ready to use Green fondant
- Mini heart shaped fondant cutter
- 8 piece fondant modeling set
- Fondant 9″ rolling pin
- Green pearl dust
- Gold disco dust
- Decorating tweezer
- Dusting brush set
- Brush thin tip
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
Leave any questions in the comments!
Get the decorating products I use in my projects here: My Favorite Products