After receiving multiple queries regarding the royal icing reindeer I used in last year’s christmas cookies, I’ve created this tutorial to teach you the technique.
To decorate these cookies, you’ll need the following colors and consistencies of royal icing:
- Flood consistency royal icing: Red
- Medium consistency royal icing: White, Ivory, Red
- Stiff consistency royal icing: Green
To achieve the proper royal icing consistencies, please read my blog post: What is Royal Icing?
These are the cookie cutters I used, you can buy them by clicking on the picture:
You’ll also need to print this template to pipe the transfers using royal icing.
Here’s the list of supplies you’ll need to complete this project, with links to the products I use:
- Square Plaque Cookie Cutter – 4 Inches
- Long Fancy Plaque by Ann Clark
- 12″ Decorating bags
- Round tip#2
- Round tip #3
- Wilton Color Right System
- Ivory gel color
- 5 piece decorating brush set
- Antique gold color dust
- Scribe tool
Leave any questions in the comments!
Click on the video to learn how to make these cookies. Don’t forget to Subscribe, Like and Share!
Get the decorating products I use in my projects here: My Favorite Products