I want to share with all of you my gingerbread cookie recipe, it is also perfect to make gingerbread houses, I really hope you enjoy it!
This recipe makes about 30 – 3” round cookies
- 5 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp. All spice
- ½ tsp. Cloves
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 ¼ Cups dark brown sugar
- 2 Stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4/5 Cup molasses
- 2 Large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 ⁰F/ 190⁰C. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, spices, salt and put aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the molasses and mix until combined.
- Add one egg and keep mixing on low until incorporated, scrape down the mix and add the second egg and mix on low until incorporated.
- At this point you can add the dry ingredients.
- When dough is done, divide it in half and roll each half to a 1” thick rectangle, wrapped in plastic and chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator or freeze it up to 2-3 days.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and let soften slightly. Roll dough on floured surface to 3/16” thick. Chill baking sheets for another 15 minutes.
- Cut out cookies and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotate tray after 5 minutes so they will bake evenly.
- Let cookies cool completely before decorating.